Wednesday, September 21, 2011

First Ultrasound

Today I had my first ultrasound, blood draw and trial transfer for our first IVF cycle. It was a good appointment overall. I do have one ovarian cyst on my right ovary. It is no big deal, women actual get them all the time with each period, but some women get more than others and they can become painful and bothersome. I think that mine is no biggie and the doctor didn't appear to be concerned. The trial transfer went well too; much better than when we did an IUI transfer.

I was suppose to get another prescription for John for Azithromycin because he had a sinus infection last week and the pharmacy got confused and didn't send his for the retrieval because they thought he already had it. For some reason, John has to be on an antibiotic before he gives his specimen. Well, he lucked out and doesn't have to take the antibiotic because he already took it this month. The nurse was joking around about the guy being so lucky... he lucked out on his antibiotic and he lucks out on not having to do several injections everyday of the month. I told the nurse that John said he would stick himself in the stomach with an empty syringe and needle just so he had to go through it too! :) Which was very sweet of him and the nurse thought so too, so she willing gave me several extra needle/syringes for John! I won't actually make him do that, but it was nice of him to offer. Honestly, unless you are deathly afraid of needles, that part really is not a big deal at all. The bigger deal is getting a hot flash while trying to find your seat at a Red's game, or just randomly while I am watching T.V. Not to mention the headaches, exhaustion, lack of motivation (to pretty much anything but shop), weight gain and pain in my legs... all nice side effects of Lupron. I am almost positive that John also experiences these side effects from his job, except the shopping part. :) The nice thing though is the side effects really are pretty mild and so far I am doing great. I am getting more and more excited as I count the days to October 20th!

No comments:

Post a Comment