Thursday, September 8, 2011

The injectable meds came today!

Today I got my medications and injectables to start the IVF process! YAY! and I'm a little scared, just of the unknown. Gotta keep reminding myself that no matter what God is in control.

I have to give myself a shot everyday for 5 days while simultaneously taking the birth control pill. I got to skip my period for the first time ever... Kinda fun, though I feel bloated.

Then shots for several more days; actually I will be giving myself a shot everyday for about 6 weeks until I find out if I am pregnant and then for a few weeks after that to sustain the pregnancy if pregnant.

On Wednesday, October 5th, I will be under a conscious sedation to retrieve the eggs (hopefully there will be a good number). Then on Saturday, October 8th, the doctors will transfer 2 blastocysts into my uterus. I will take progesterone injections for the 2 week wait. Take a pregnancy test on October 20th and hopefully it will be positive. If negative, we repeat with the frozen blastocysts.

This is the short version. I plan to post my thoughts, feeling and information about the procedures as they happen... more for myself to cover the journey, but also for any women (couples) out there in cyber world going through the same thing.




No comments:

Post a Comment