Monday, October 10, 2011

Successful Transfer!


I went to the doctor today to have my embryo transfer. It was actually extremely uncomfortable and painful. The trial transfer they did at the beginning of my cycle was not too bad, but this was awful. I was awake for the whole thing, which is typical. I was suppose to take a Valium and didn't because I was originally planning to drive myself home. My mom drove me instead just in case I needed someone to be there. It was nice to have her there. I didn't take the Valium because I didn't think that I needed it, but if I have to do this again I will most definitely take it.

The doctor explained the status of my embryos and gave me pictures of them. I will post them tomorrow. Of the 6 that were growing (2) 8-celled embryos, grade A/grade 1 were transferred. These 2 were the best they can be for a 3 day transfer. The other four measured at 8 cell/grade C; 6 cell/grade B, 6 cell/grade C, 4 cell/grade B and 4 cell/grade D. The 2 that were transferred will continue to incubate in my uterus so they become a 150 celled blastocyst which will hatch and implant by Thursday or Friday... hopefully! The other four will continue to grow in the lab and hopefully become blastocysts by Friday along with the ones in my uterus. Not all of them will make it to that stage and if they do not they would not have made it if we had done this whole thing the natural way. If they do make it, they will be frozen for the next cycle if we need it; and if not, then when we are ready to give these 2 or 1 a sibling in a few years we can use them then. I will always have to IVF to get pregnant because of my fallopian tube failure. It is nice to know that we do not have a problem with fertilization. And will soon find out if we have a problem with implantation.

I am feeling pretty good now. I am a little crampy, but that is most likely because my ovaries are still very large and I have a lot of pressure in that area. I kinda already feel pregnant, though I know I am not yet. I can't eat too much and there is constant pressure on my bladder. All of this is because of the hyper stimulation of the ovaries to grow multiple eggs. All in all I am excited and feeling surreal because I can't believe that we are actually doing this and could be pregnant in 2 weeks.

Thanks for all the prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment